The Leader as a Coach
There can be no doubt that coaching is one of the most important skills a leader can possess, as it can help to enable thinking, address behavioural roadblocks, increase commitment and improve performance.
Despite this fact, many leaders avoid having those all-important conversations around behaviour and performance as they do not know how to have a meaningful coaching conversation.
Learning Objective & Outcomes
The Leader as a Coach is a highly pragmatic 2-day workshop that will enable learners to have meaningful coaching conversations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of coaching, instructing and mentoring, the different situations in which they should be applied and the role of the leader.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principals of coaching, the basic competencies required to have meaningful coaching conversations and the GROW coaching model.
- Demonstrate how to apply the GROW coaching model when having developmental conversations, conducting performance reviews and giving feedback.
- Coaching, Instructing & Mentoring: What are they, and in what situations should they be used? The role of a coach and principals of coaching.
- Coaching Competencies: The Art of Questioning – Socratic Styled Wuestions. The Art of Listening – The 4 Levels of Listening. The Art of Action Planning.
- The GROW Model: What is the GROW Model and how do you apply it when having developmental conversations, conducting performance reviews and giving feedback?
Learning Strategies & Structure
The only way to become better at coaching is through practice. With this in mind The Leader as a Coach employs self-directed learning (micro learning), collaborative learning (group discussions), and lots of experiential learning (real plays) to improve learning effectiveness and transfer.
The workshop is highly experiential and focusses on very pragmatic learning. Over the course of 2 days learners will be practicing continuously.
Learners will receive 1 individual coaching sessions to further enhance their learning and help them prepare for an important coaching conversation.
Bite-sized learning will be distributed to learner’s mobile device in the 2-weeks preceding and 10-weeks proceeding the workshop.
Jim Livingstone is an executive educator and coach, leadership specialist, author, founder and Chief Learning Officer of Northpoint – an organisation that specialises in the assessment and development of leaders.
For over 10 years Jim has been working with leaders around the world to develop positive and sustainable leadership behaviours. Simply put, he has been helping leaders become better leaders!
Who Should Attend
The Leader as a Coach is designed for department heads, project leaders, team leads and anyone responsible for managing or leading people.
- 1 x 2-Day Workshop (Classroom-Based)
- 1 x Learner’s Toolkit + Ready Reference Handouts
- 3-Months Micro Learning
- 1 x Individual Coaching Session
- Refreshments & Lunch (During Classroom-Based Sessions)
|Event Start Date||21-03-2019 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||22-03-2019 5:30 pm|
|Registration Cut Off||08-03-2019|