Are you new to leadership? Then you should sign up for our once a year public run of our flagship leadership development program
It's a Journey
About the Program
The transition from an individual contributor to a manager is one of the biggest challenges most leaders will face in their career... It's a challenge that will result in a 30 - 50 per cent drop in performance by 50 - 70 percent of new managers.
The Emerging Leader 2021 is designed specifically for recently appointed people managers or people managers who have been in the role for a little while and are still trying to find their way.
The Learning Objectives
- To equip learners with fundamental, highly pragmatic leadership tools that will serve them as much now as it will in the future.
To equip learners with an heightened awareness or themselves and others and to foster intentional leadership.
The Learning Elements
There are a host of reasons why you should register for The Emerging Leader 2021, but here are some key points to consider:
- Learn from other leaders: Learn what challenges new leaders from other organisations and industries face and what have they done to manage them?
- Learn at a comfortable pace: The program is designed with your busy schedule in mind and will give you the time needed to apply what has been learned.
- Learn in a safe space: The program leaders are highly experienced facilitators and will create a safe space for you to learn, apply and reflect.
The Learning Units
Why do I find it easier to relate to some people than others? Why are other people so different from me? These are the questions that will be answered in this learning unit, as learners uncover how to build better relationships through understanding and adapting to different behavioural styles.
- Demonstrate how to identify different behavioural styles; their priorities, fears, motivations and how they respond to different situations.
- Demonstrate how to adapt your behavioural style and the manner in which you communicate to suit that of other behavioural styles.
Topics Covered: History of DISC | DiSC Theory | The Vertical & Horizontal Continuums | The 4 Primary Styles | The 12 Specific Styles
How do I manage and motivate those around me? What sort of leadership style should I Apply? These are the questions that will be answered in this learning unit, as learners uncover how to effectively manage and lead direct, indirect and agile teams by adapting your leadership style to suit.
- Demonstrate an understanding of management and leadership; the three primary areas of focus a leader must have and how to motivate those around me.
- Demonstrate how to adapt your leadership style to the situation and readiness levels of different individuals.
Topics Covered: Managing & Leading | Action Centered Leadership | Adaptive Leadership | Maslow’s Hierarchy of Human Needs | Hertzberg’s Motivators & Hygiene Factors
What sort of leadership style should I adopt for my team? How do I get my team to consistently deliver exceptional performance? These are the questions that will be answered in this learning unit, as learners uncover how to develop a consistently high performance teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what makes a high performance team, the team dynamics that exist at different stages and causes of team dysfunction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the 5 Pillars of Team Performance and the leaders role in developing each of the pillars.
Topics Covered: High Performance Teams | The Effects of Team Cohesion | Tuckman’s Team Dynamics | 5 Dysfunctions of a Team | 5 Pillars of Team Performance.
How do I foster positive behaviour and self-reliance? How do I improve individual and team performance? How do I develop potential successors? These are the questions that will be answered in this learning unit, as learners uncover how to have meaningful coaching conversations.
- Demonstrate how to foster positive behaviour, self-reliance and improve individual and team performance by having meaningful coaching conversations.
- Demonstrate how to align career aspirations and develop potential successors by having meaningful coaching conversations.
Topics Covered: Instruction, Coaching & Mentoring | Principals of Coaching | Coaching Presence | The GROW Model | Coaching in the Moment
How is measuring performance different from managing performance? How should I engage in crucial conversations around behaviour and performance? These are the questions that will be answered in this learning unit, as learners uncover how to go beyond measuring performance to proactively managing performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of performance and performance management, and how to manage the performance of those around you.
- Demonstrate how to give feed forward and engage in crucial conversations around behaviour and performance.
Topics Covered: Performance Measurement & Performance Management | The Deming Cycle | Feedback & Feed forward | The SBI Model | Applying the GROW Model during Performance Conversations
Early Bird Discount*
Early Bird Code: earlybird2021
*Applicabale to registrations on or before 31 July 2021